Kipstor provided business architecture services to the world's specialist insurance and reinsurance market.
This organisation develops the essential, complex and critical insurance needed for an ever changing world. The strategy is focused on driving forward a long-term vision to modernize and transform the insurance marketplace.
Fierce global competition and the awakening of InsurTech are the main drivers for driving this transformational change programme.
Key to the success of the modernization of the marketplace is to drive the right business change at the right time with the right resources. A Business Architecture capability was required to articulate, prioritise and plan the right business change.
Kipstor implemented the Business Architecture capability as follows:
- Developing an integrated architecture repository with focus on developing the company's Business Capability Model; therefore, a selection of industry standards such as the Business Architecture Guild's Body of Knowledge (BizBok) were used to complete the capability map.
- Implementing a strict capability-based planning approach to help the prioritisation and planning process of the company's change portfolio
- Driving socialization and adoption of the modelling work to ensure informed decision-making; therefore a set of coherent and holistic dashboard apps were developed.
- Integrated architecture repository with a common language holding the structured modelling data
- Capability-based planning approach to assess performance and maturity of the company's capabilities subject to change; the organisation was now able to understand where it needed to invest in new or upgraded capabilities
- a set of coherent and holistic dashboard apps to ensure informed decision-making by relevant stakeholders
Get in touch with us to see how we can help you